A Companion to German Cinema
February 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
2012 Contested Spaces: Kamal Aljafari’s Transnational Palestinian Films, by Peter Limbrick, p.218-248. In A Companion to German Cinema, edited by Terri Ginsberg and Andrea Mensch. Wiley-Blackwell 2012.
AVAILABLE TO ORDER ON AMAZON.
- A Companion to German Cinema offers a wide-ranging collection of essays demonstrating state-of-play scholarship on German cinema at a time during which cinema studies as well as German cinema have once again begun to flourish.
- Offers a careful combination of theoretical rigor, conceptual accessibility, and intellectual inclusiveness.
- Includes essays by well-known writers as well as up-and-coming scholars who take innovative critical approaches to both time-honored and emergent areas in the field, especially regarding race, gender, sexuality, and (trans)nationalism.
- Distinctive for its contemporary relevance, reorienting the field to the global twenty-first century.
- Fills critical gaps in the extant scholarship, opening the field onto new terrains of critical engagement
Contested Spaces: Kamal Aljafaris Transnational Palestinian Films 218